Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Burpees May Kill Me

Yesterdays WOD was another toughy!

50 Deadlifts
40 Hang Power Cleans
30 Shoulder to Overhead

BUT add 4 over bar burpees Every Minute on the Minute!!!

I knocked out almost all of the deadlifts in the first minute!!! Then those stinkin' burpees came along! By the end I was so sluggish on my burpees I could only get a few reps in before it was back to burpees!  As you may know from the title of my blog....I perspire quite a bit when I work out!  Burpees in particular get me REAL sweaty!  Needless to say...the floor around me is rather wet after flopping myself on it four times every minute.  And I do mean flopping...after the first couple of minutes it was very much a fish out of water look for me (wetness level and form!).  My feet kept slipping every time I would jump them back.  Usually I would just move around the gym out of my sweaty spot, but we had to jump over our bar, so that very well wouldn't work!!
Regardless...I lived!  I cranked out my last five shoulders to overhead so I wouldn't have to do any more burpees!

I need my butt kicked hard this week, because I'm sure I'll be partaking in a lot of unhealthy holiday festivities.  I am going to try my best to stay away from all of the sweets!  I think I'll just have to pick out one that looks the best and let myself celebrate a little.  It will probably help that I'll be in my swimsuit!  I'm excited to show off the few new tiny muscles that are starting to pop through!

Have a great 4th of July!  Until next time- Stay strong!

2 comments:

  1. Yulie, You are doing the wrong thing. Burpees are seeds. You should plant them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing it all wrong!!!!

    ReplyDelete