Saturday, July 13, 2013

Le tired

Today was the 2013 Summer Challenge at Crossfit Indy North.  It was a partner challenge consisting of 3 events for each team to participate in.  I went to support a few members of Crossfit Clay United, including my friend/coach Caitlin from college.
(Bad ass)

I am seriously tired after just watching it!  I can't even imagine doing it. I'm pretty sure I couldn't lift the weight for the majority of lifts they did!  After watching, I really think I would eventually like to do a competition of some sort!  It's going to take a lot of work to even be able to lift the Rx (prescribed) weight in our regular workouts...plus push ups, pull ups...all that jazz too!  I'm setting small goals so I can check them off the list and make new goals (one step at a time).  I have one week to work out at CFCU before I leave for a week family vacay at the beach! My sister gets to come WOD with me on Monday!! She's a beast!  I also found out my cousin Carly does Crossfit, so we will all be dropping in for some workouts at Crossfit Emerald Isle in North Carolina!  The family that Crossfits together...stays together!!!!?

In Food News:
I made a delicious dinner tonight...although it was one of those 'throw in whatever needs to be eaten today' kind of meals.  I cut up a sweet potato in small cubes, sliced some sweet peppers, and sauteed them in olive oil with cajun seasoning and some red pepper flakes (I like it REAL spicy!).  After those beauts got all nice and soft, I added in some of my ground chuck from Fresh Market.  I thought that the sweet potato might be a bit odd, but it added a really nice texture to the ground beef and then the peppers added a bit of crunch!  No too bad for a last minute meal!
Next Saturday at CFCU, they are having a Paleo info session.  I'm really bummed I'm going to miss it.  I have a lot of questions.  I will try to ask them before I leave...maybe you have the same ones?? I'll post them on here and let you know what I find out!
Q's-
-What is a good source of calcium for people who follow the Paleo diet?
-Best food choices when out to eat or on the road?
-What's so bad about corn and soy???
- What are the BIG Paleo no no's???
- Good source of carbs/ pre workout energy sources?
- How long before/after a workout to eat and what?
- Worst/Best fruits and veggies?

I'll let ya know! Stay strong! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment