Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Month Crossfitiversary!

Today I have officially been Crossfitting for one month! One year wedding anniversary is paper right?  Sooo...one month of starting a new fitness routine, I decided, is shoes!

These little beauties are the Reebok Nano 2.0.  They just came out with a newer version of this shoe, so this version was on sale at Finish Line.  Apparently these shoes are great for Crossfit.  Very light and very flat.  I wore them to a workout yesterday, and I do like them!  I have a pretty wide foot and I feel like sometimes shoes can feel a bit restricting especially around the toes.  That is not an issue I have with these!  The only set backs so far (until I break these in) would be the tongue moves around a bit too much and they are pretty high on the ankle in the back. I'll keep you posted how it goes! I thought the camo was pretty bad a!

Ok...so what have I learned/accomplished in a month????

- Moved from the thickest pull up band to the second thinnest (almost...I was like 2inches away!...maybe today?) I WILL get a pull up soon! (I'll post a video I'm sure!)
- Added 20lbs to my back squat weight
- Not to use hand sanitizer if  you tear your hands on the bar! Ouch!
- I can lift a lot more than I think I can
-  Fresh Market turkey bacon > Health Fare turkey bacon
- Do NOT shake Kombucha!!!
- The butcher at Fresh Market has a great sense of humor

- I really need to gain more core strength to help with all lifting!
- Need to make sure to stretch when I get home!

I've posted the slowest times the past two workouts :(  But I'll get there!  I need to gain more cardiovascular and muscular strength and then I'll be a force to be reckoned with!

Stay Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment