Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Recovery

Just got back last night from a 4th of July extravaganza!  It was a great weekend full of fun, friends, and FOOD!  All sorts of food I haven't eaten in quite some time.  I know I said in my last post I'd have to pick ONE food to cheat with.  I overshot that by quite a bit!! Chips, beer, cookies, breakfast casserole, cherry pie, animal crackers, and I'm sure a lot more!  Although it was temporarily good, I felt all around like crap.  I definitely felt full, sluggish, and not energized (especially after the beer).

Besides that though, I felt great!  I feel like my body is starting to change, so I definitely felt more comfortable in my swimsuit.  I still have a long way to go, but it's nice that people are already noticing a change.  This change prompted me to talk apparently a LOT about Crossfit.  Hey, it's something new in my life and I'm pretty excited about it (I also have the summer off work so I'm not doing too much else right now lol).  I was told by someone to "stop talking about Crossfit so much" (which I felt was a bit rude).  I don't want to be one of those people who only talks about one thing, but give me a break!  I'm trying to make positive changes in my life! Geesh! Other people had a slightly comical approach to my new activities.  One asked me if I was going to start flipping tires and pontoon boats!  That I liked!  Although, then I embarrassed myself by not being able to pull myself up on to the boat from the front! Almost! Next time I go to the lake I'll do it!

Now I'm back to the real world and time to get back to my fitness/wellness journey (not that occasionally cheating won't continue to be a part of it).  Started off the day right with Fresh Market eggs and Earth Fare turkey bacon (not at good as Fresh Market, but it'll work). I'll have some carby fruit and head to crossfit this evening.  I have a feeling it's gonna be rough...and today's workout has BURPEES!!!!!!! 

Tonight's dinner might be one of these recipes from a local butcher Goose the Market.

I'll let you know how it goes! Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment