Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sibling CamaWODerie (Get it?!?!)

Totally cheesy I know (and that's not Paleo!).  Ok...two bad jokes in a row...I'm done, I promise!

Today, my sister (who is visiting from Florida) came to Crossfit with me!  I have been telling her since I started that I thought she would love it.  She's the type that got voted most athletic in her class and was a soccer star (played boys soccer for two years before we got a girls team!).  Oh AND she played basketball, ran track, rowed in college, and biked in the Little 500.  Meanwhile, I was eating boxes of Mac n' Cheese and watching lots of TV.  I remember the first time after I got my butt in to shape and beat her on a run!  I tried not to gloat, but I was pretty proud of myself (I'm a bit competitive).  Today was great!  I know Crossfit is not for everyone, but I think it's hard to find such a supportive and encouraging workout group!  Not just supportive to me, a member, but also my sister who is a guest.  I think she looked much better than me on my first day!  I think she'll be great!  Although, I've got to give myself some credit.  This week (I know it's only been two days) has felt great!  I added 10lbs to my back squat and 20lbs to my thruster weight!  I'm so excited about the progress I'll continue to make!

In food news-
I'll e-mail my Paleo questions for Saturday!  Those of you who live around Carmel or a Hubbard and Cravens location...I found a really yummy Paleo..ish shake!  It's called the Healthy Elephant!  It could be more Paleo if you made it at home (which doesn't seem like it would be difficult to do!).  It has espresso, almond milk, honey, unsweetened cocoa, and natural peanut butter (that's the not Paleo part....I think), and I'm assuming ice.  Also there was an option to add a banana.  It was pretty dang good!  I'm thinking though...to better suit my tastes and make it more Paleo, I could make my own with some substitutions.
-Coconut milk for Almond milk  (be careful though and go for the unsweetned coconut milk!)
-Almond butter for Peanut butter

Also, I bet this could make a pretty yummy protein shake if the unsweetened cocoa was replaced with maybe a chocolate protein powder! 

Until next time-Stay strong :) and eat well!  I know I'll try!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment