Monday, March 31, 2014

14.DONE!

I'm 1,949th!!!! (In my region...at least at the moment)  They should really make a foam finger that says that!! 

I just finished my first CrossFit Open experience! 5 grueling weeks of crazy workouts


Week 1:

14.1 The workout: 
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 double-unders
55-lb. power snatches, 15 reps


My Score: 146 reps (3 full rounds and 11 double unders)

Not the worst workout I've ever done, but double unders were very frustrating for me, because I had to do a single and then a double...so I was jumping TWICE as much! Yoi!  BUT, I didn't die.

Week 2:
14.2 The workout:
From 0:00-3:00
   2 rounds of:
   10 overhead squats
   10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 3:00-6:00
   2 rounds of:
   12 overhead squats
   12 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 6:00-9:00
   2 rounds of:
   14 overhead squats
   14 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds
My Score: A very proud 11!! :) 
I saw this one and laughed.  I SUCK at kipping pull ups...and had never done a chest to bar pull up in my life!!! I thought I'd come in do 10 overhead squats and be done.  Well, almost...I got ONE chest to bar pull up, which is way better than none!
Week 3: 
14.3 The Workout:
Complete As many reps as possible in 8min
95-lb. deadlifts, 10 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
135-lb. 
deadlifts, 15 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
155-lb. 
deadlifts, 20 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
185-lb. 
deadlifts, 25 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
205-lb. 
deadlifts, 30 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
225-lb. 
deadlifts, 35 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
My Score: 106...which would be 16 reps at 185lbs
My best workout BY FAR!!! I was pretty proud of myself here.  I think I've deadlifted 185 maybe for two reps or so ever.  205lbs is my max, so it would have been interesting if I would have made it there!
Week 4:
14.4: The Workout
Complete as many rounds and repetitions as possible in 14 minutes of:
60-calorie row
50 toes-to-bars
40 wall-ball shots, 14 lb. to 9-foot target
30 cleans, 95 lb.
20 muscle-ups
My Score: 135
The workout that made me cry!!! This workout...minus the toes to bar and muslce ups should have been my workout!!! I finished my row so quickly and wanted to bust through those wall balls and get my show how good my cleans and getting....and alas...I spent probably a good 7 1/2 min on STUPID toes-to-bar :( 50 is just sooooo many, BUT I didn't die.  I wanted to cry a bit during, and shamefully cried afterwards.  I thought that was potentially the worst workout I've ever done....until this past week
Week 5
14.5: The Workout:
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
65-lb. thrusters
Bar Facing Burpees
My Score: 22:07
22 minutes and 7 seconds of torture!! I don't know if I've ever sighed and grumpily grunted during a workout so much!!! By the end, I was flopping on the ground like a fish out of water, taking a few seconds laying on the ground just to catch my breath! This one was even hard to watch other people do.  It really crushes your spirit! ESPECIALLY after you finish the first set of 21's and realize....Oh my, I still have SO MUCH work to do!
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...I didn't die.
Clearly I'm not competitive and I'm NOT even remotely close to going to regionals or having a score to brag about! However, it was very fun to challenge myself and surprise myself! It was also fun to see how I stacked up compared to my region and the world.  I'm right in the middle...hey...at least it aint the bottom! I was able to see some amazing displays of athleticism in my own gym and watch people crush the above mentioned workout..a lot of people putting themselves through that torture multiple times to better their scores!  It was fun cheering everyone on, and being encouraged and cheered on by others.  It really does impact your performance when other people support and believe in you! And we really do have a great community at CrossFit Clay United :) 

Can't wait for next year?!?! I'm 9months into CrossFit now...and will be over a year and a half into CrossFit come the open next year, so it should be fun to compare!
Taking on another challenge this weekend of another partner competition with Annie again.  I'll blog after this Saturday and share how it went! Fingers crossed my double unders show up!
Stay Strong...I'm still trying!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yulie I am so happy that you didn't "die." I pulled a muscle just reading your workout. owwwww.

    ReplyDelete