Friday, December 6, 2013

Challenge Accepted

(My sweat mark)

Tomorrow is finally the day!  Hoosier CrossFit Winter Rendezvous!  My wonderful partner and I have been praying for no double unders (jumping rope passing the rope twice under for one jump) or pull ups in the competition.  Of course when they posted the workouts on Wednesday, both double unders and pull ups are in the first workout!  Just my luck! But I ain't scurrred!!! Definitely nervous, but what do we have to loose (besides a little skin from our hands and some feeling in shins and arms from jump rope whips!).  It's a way to go have fun and challenge myself! The second workout is something called a bear complex http://youtu.be/h4Jw5ZHtLqQ. My partner and I will each have to establish a one rep max for this movement.  I like bears...no prob here ;). Last workout is rowing and thrusters (front squat thrusted into a overhead position)...we've got that too!! We definitely will not win, but we will give it our best and at the end of the day have something to be proud of!! I'm sure I'll have lots of fun things to say after the competition, but in the meantime....I've loaded up on gear...new socks, lifting belt, crazy color tape...you look good...you feel good!!! 

Until next time (probably Sunday)...stay strong and wish me luck...and strength...and technique....and a good attitude....and fun!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment